It’s easy to become an owner of Astoria Co-op Grocery. Just fill out an application and give it to a cashier. A share in our consumer-owned cooperative costs $200 but you can pay it off in annual payments of $25.
When you join the Co-op you support a healthy local economy and ensure that our grocery store thrives and grows. Some benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- Owner Appreciation Weeks–Save 10% on a shopping trip each season of the year.
- Discounts for Buying Large Quantities–Order a case of a product and save 10%.
- Special Orders–If we don’t carry a product you desire we may be able to special order it for you.
- Return on Investment–All Co-op profits are either invested in enhancing your store or shared with you in profitable years.
- Active Democracy–You can vote for board members who represent you or even run for the board yourself.
- Regular Communication–We print quarterly newsletters, keep you up-to-date via email, and hold annual meetings for owners.