Join thousands of your friends and neighbors in owning Astoria C+op. Although you don’t have to be an owner to shop, we think the benefits of ownership are pretty great. Help grow our co-op, keep more money in our community and invest in a business that will always be locally-owned. Join us!
Why own the co-op?
• Save 10% (or more) on a shopping trip during owner appreciation weeks four times per year.
• Order a case of a product and save 10%. If we don’t carry a product you desire we may be able to special order it for you.
• Return on investment: all co-op profits are either invested in enhancing your store or shared with you in profitable years.
• Receive regular communications including a printed quarterly newsletters, emails, and annual meetings for owners.
• You can vote for board members to represent you or run for the board yourself.
How it works:
• Complete an application and give it to a cashier.
• Purchase one share of owner stock for $200. This is your equity in the business. Pay just once or in annual $25 installments.
• Receive a new owner packet containing your owner card and bonus coupons.
• We’ll be in touch about upcoming co-op events, elections, and other news.
• Create a vibrant local economy that puts people before profits and keeps more of your dollar circulating within the community.
• Expand the marketplace for locally-grown and locally-produced products.
• Support good jobs. The co-op pays a livable wage and medical/dental benefits.
• Increase the community’s access to healthy food and good nutrition.
• A bigger co-op will create an even greater positive community impact. We seek to expand and your ownership equity is more important than ever to help grow the store.
Click here for an application. Just print and give it to a cashier (or pick one up at the store).